10 Best Toddler Travel Bed to Keep Children’s Sleep Comfy
But with the many types of travel beds available for the little ones, which one is the best for everyone? Read on as I show you the ultimate purchasing guide and my top ten choices!
What Is a Toddler Travel Bed?
Before we get into choosing the best toddler travel bed suitable for the family, let's first tackle what these are.
Toddler travel beds are different from your baby's typical crib or bed at home. This is because they are portable and compact enough to bring with you anywhere! These types of beds come in different shapes and sizes, designed to withstand various environmental conditions.
A toddler travel bed is perfect for the family who is always on-the-go, either visiting grandma's place or camping outdoors. They are designed to provide the comfort your toddler needs to stay secure and free from any physical pain and illnesses when out. After all, no parent would want their child crying over discomfort while traveling!
The Benefits of Using Portable Beds and Traveling With Toddlers
Now that you know what toddler travel beds are, what makes them a worthy investment? I was a bit skeptical at first, thinking that I could just use regular foams and sleep beside my little one. But once I invested in a toddler travel bed, I realized it has more advantages than you would think!
Here are the benefits I reaped from a toddler travel bed:
How to Choose the Best Toddler Travel Bed
While a toddler travel bed is beneficial for all families with little ones, it may not be the most advantageous if you choose the wrong one. There isn't a one-size-fits-all for all children, so you have to do your research to ensure you get the one suitable for the family.
It may be a bit confusing for first-time customers, so here are helpful tips and factors to consider:
Size and Design
Consider how big your toddler is and also its design for ease of transport. While it should be big enough to hold your toddler and his weight, it should also be compact enough to carry without the hassle. That way, your child is comfortable and fits the bed perfectly (with some room) while it's no hassle to lug around during trips.
Materials for Strength and Comfort
This is an absolute priority when choosing a travel bed, as you want to ensure your children have a safe and sound sleep without waking up in pain. It's best to find a toddler bed that has enough support and soft pads that keep them asleep. No more tossing and turning!
Type of Travel Bed
There are different types of toddler travel beds to choose from:
• Air mattresses are best for sleeping on-the-go for its comfort and support. However, it will require an electric or manual pump to expand to its full mattress size. It's recommended for toddlers beyond the crib stage but can't use the big beds.
• Travel cots are perfect for anywhere, assembling very quickly like a folding chair. These are best for toddlers who are used to sleeping on their own at home, may it be a toddler or twin bed. Consider bed rails for added security.
• Traveling cribs are made best for infants and small toddlers. Like the travel cot, they are easy to set up and best for the little one who is used to sleeping in cribs. They are easier to set up and disassemble than the usual crib.
What you choose would depend on the features you and your little one needs in a bed! So make sure you weigh its pros and cons before you decide on getting one from a reputable company.
Bonus Tips on Traveling With Your Toddler
Keeping your toddler comfortable and safe during your travels isn't just about investing in a bed! When exploring different places with your little one, may it be during road trips or plane rides, it can get a bit stressful. I get irritated when dealing with my own toddler when she becomes too loud, which ends up disturbing other people!
Fortunately, there are ways to keep your baby entertained and silent during the trip. Here are some bonus tips to help you out:
• Consider planning your flights and road trips around your baby's schedule, particularly his nap time! That way, they will be sleeping the whole time. Make sure to bring soft earplugs to dull any noise and keep them in dreamland.
• Bring your toddler's favorite toys to keep them entertained and distracted throughout the entire flight. You can also bring snacks to munch on to reduce any stress or anxiety they may feel while traveling.
• Prepare any medicine for ear congestion or nausea, as well as barf bags for any accidents on the road. You never know what will happen!
• Make sure that you have everything prepared for your little one, from their food down to their special toiletries and medications (if required). This will lessen any hassle and expenses of having to purchase anything during the trip.
• Always keep an eye on your children while you're traveling. You never know the strangers they may encounter or accidents they can get into while left unattended! Having a monitor or tracker can help you.
Check out this informative video showing you more helpful advice on traveling with toddlers: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dawqmPsf8w)
Top 10 Best Toddler Travel Bed 2018
Based on my research, tests, and overall customer reviews, here are the top ten best travel toddler beds to invest in this year:
1 Hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed
What I like about the hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel bed is how it's perfect to bring just about anywhere. It's a compact air bed that you can easily set up with the electric turbo pump that's a part of the package. It also includes a large travel bag to make it even easier to travel with!
It's made with quality and durability in mind, with an inlay-enforced vinyl that's up to 40% thicker than other competitors. It doesn't puncture or wear out easily, no matter where you use the bed. Also, it comes with the built-in bed rail for children to sleep safely and securely! All in all, it's a wise investment that comes with comfort, durability, and the support needed.
- Inflates in less than one minute
- Extremely durable and doesn't puncture easily
- Comes with a turbo pump and large travel bag
- Can be used anywhere and with comfort
- Has no protective covering for bed's bottom
- New vinyl has some odor for a few days
2 Milliard Portable Toddler Bumper Bed
What I appreciate about the Milliard Portable Toddler Bumper Bed is its unique design that makes it easy to travel with while being a storage box at the same time! You can place items inside when it's folded, so it's perfect to save space at home or to bring along when traveling.
As for its quality, you'll like the design. It's safe with the soft bumpers, as well as the cozy velour for your little one to comfortable sleep in. Plus, it's extremely easy to wash, using a laundry machine rather than hassle yourself with hand washing. For its different and convenient design and comfortable bedding, I can say it's worth the price!
- Portable and foldable for ease of traveling
- Can store items inside when folded
- Cozy and with soft bumpers for safety
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Bumpers can loosen up if always laid on
- A bit heavier than other travel beds
3 The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed
If you're looking for another excellent air bed suitable for toddlers, then I would highly recommend The Shrunks Toddler Travel bed. I like how it's very easy to inflate and expand within minutes. But its main features is the fact that it makes NO noise. You won't be hearing any squeaks or noises that would disrupt the whole room, your child included.
That means you all have noiseless and uninterrupted sleep as your little one rests soundly and without and worries. The bumpers may not be the tallest, but they limit movement and accidents. And with a lifetime warranty included, it's worth the price!
- Makes no noise for uninterrupted sleep
- Includes lifetime warranty and air pump
- Comes with guard rails and a tuck-in feature
- Inflates within one minute
- Needs to air out to reduce the new smell
- A bit heavier than other inflatable beds
4 Leacho BumpZZZ Travel Bed
If you're looking for something that offers the ultimate comfort for your little one, then I recommend the Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed. It isn't only comfortable but also appealing to the eye, coming in a forest-design your toddler will enjoy!
As for its materials, it's made of polyester, cotton, and polyurethane foam, making it soft and supportive enough for a good night's sleep. It has the foam-padded center with cushioned outer bumpers for extra security while giving the plush feel wherever you're sleeping in. Furthermore, it's a foldable bed so no need for inflation or any set up. Simply unfold it and you're ready to use it!
- Made of quality polyester and cotton for comfort
- Comes with equally-comfortable bumpers for safety
- Very quick and easy set up
- Simple to fold and pack for travel, comes with a bag
- A bit difficult to wash
- Zipper of the carry case isn't very strong
5 Regalo My Cot Portable Travel Bed
If you have an older toddler who's used to sleeping in twin beds, then the Regalo My Cot Portable Travel Bed is a great cot to invest in. What's excellent about this bed is that there is no set up required. All you need to do is to unfold it and begin preparing it for a comfortable night of sleep.
The frame is made of all-steel but is still lightweight. Despite its ease of carrying from its good weight, it can hold up to 75 pods, which is perfect for toddlers to young children! With a traveling case and warranty included, you can trust Regalo when it comes to providing quality baby products.
- Light and compact but can hold up to 75 pounds
- Effortless to set up and fix
- Comfortable and supportive
- Made with an all-steel frame for extra strength and durability
- Canvas gets loose from falling screws
- No bumpers for rolling sleepers
6 BONAIR Outfitters Airplane Travel Bed
If you're in need of a bed when on the air, then the BONAIR OUTFITTERS Airplane Travel Bed is a versatile travel buddy anyone can take advantage of.What makes it versatile is how you can use it not just as a travel bed for children, but also comfortable leg pillows to extend your legs during those long flights or car trips. That way, you and your children won't have numb or swollen feet! You can even use it as a leg rest for you at home or in the office.
The bed is easy to inflate and is lightweight, coming with a bag for easy transport. For its multi-functionality and strong materials, I give it a huge thumbs up!
- It can be used as a bed or leg rest
- Comfortable and soft enough for uninterrupted sleep
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- Inflates quickly and stays in place
- Some airlines may not allow to use these beds
- Plastic stoppers are a bit tricky to open or close
7 Regalo My Cot Portable Toddler Bed
Regalo is back on the list with its My Cot Portable Toddler Bed. It's an affordable choice that comes with a travel case, making it easier to bring around regardless of where you go. You don't need to set it up or anything, as it's a foldable bed. Simply unfold it and your kids can enjoy the comfort, whether lounging or sleeping.
It's versatile enough to use just about anywhere and is easy to wash, using just soap and a damp cloth. The fitted sheet is machine-washable for better maintenance. Overall, it's an affordable portable bed that will last for years!
- Lightweight and can handle up to 75 pounds
- Easy to wash and clean
- Lightweight and effortless transport
- Sturdy and built to last
- May be too short for bigger toddlers
- Cot tips over when you sit on one end
8 BRICA Fold n' Go Travel Bassinet
For those who have infants and smaller toddlers who are used to sleeping in a bassinet, then the BRICA Fold n' Go Travel Bassinet is the ideal choice. I love its upgraded design, coming with the mesh panels and breathable fabrics for your little one to stay cool the entire time they nap in it. Also, it has a strong locking frame that keeps your little one secure, lessening the risk of them trying to get out of the bassinet.
The foldable bassinet is no hassle to set up. Plus, it has the carry handle for easy transport wherever you go. It fits many babies comfortably and has the sturdiness to be used anywhere.
- Easy to fold and set up
- Has a carrying case for easy transport
- Mesh walls and soft fabric for comfort
- Locking system works well to keep baby secure
- A bit too big to fit a carry-on bag
- Mattress doesn't stay completely flat
9 Intex Kids Travel Bed Set
The Intex Kids Travel Bed Set is one of the ultimate air beds kids will enjoy for its comfort while parents will appreciate it for its ease of set up and security. It's lightweight and easy to pack it in a bag. Furthermore, it inflates in less than a minute, lessening the hassle of assembling everything during sleepovers or when outdoors.
It's a simple yet quality bed that does an excellent job in keeping your kids comfortable as they rest. From its bumper sides to the durable material, there's no worry about any accidents or wear and tear!
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Strong material built to last
- Only takes a minute to inflate
- Comfortable and supportive mattress
- Bigger than the usual twin bed size
- Better to use a different pump
10 AeroBed Air Mattress for Kids
Last but not the least, we have the AeroBed Air Mattress for Kids, which is perfect for toddlers and older children who need the extra space to move around when sleeping. I love the fact that it's made of heavy-duty PVC construction for any setting. There is also a safety cushion and bumpers to prevent children from rolling off it.
It even comes with a thick and washable mattress pad with cute designs! Though a bit bulky and not as durable as some mattresses, it's an affordable choice great for camping or sleepovers.
- Comes with a washable mattress cover
- Inflates fast and has the comfortable feel
- Affordable price
- Comes with four-inch safety bumpers for safety
- Tears ad leaks too easily
- A bit too bulky compared to other mattresses
Conclusion – Wrapping it up
You don't need to worry about the disadvantages of co-sleeping or your toddlers being uncomfortable while you travel. With the best toddler travel bed, your little ones are safe and secure as they sleep soundly, no matter where you go!
Out of all the different toddler travel beds tried and tested, the best one will have to go to the hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed. It comes with the safety bumpers to prevent injuries, as well as the versatility to use anytime, anywhere! It's for the family on-the-go, coming with a large travel bag and electric turbo pump for easy carry and setup.
Made with the excellent materials known to last, this travel bed will surely be used for years to come. It's a reliable bed my kids have enjoyed without any issues, worth it!
I hope that this ultimate purchasing guide on the best toddler travel bed gave you an idea on what you should begin investing in when exploring the world with your entire family. So don't wait any longer and look into any of these beds today!
For those who have any questions or want to share your own reviews of the best toddler travel bed, then comment below. All your thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated!